I’m Rickie, a Childbirth Educator and Postpartum Doula. I have been teaching classes and supporting expecting & new families for 15 years.
This is a transformational time in your life; education and support make all the difference in navigating labor, birth, and the early parenting journey.
Childbirth Educator and Postpartum Doula
- Lamaze Certified Childbirth Educator since 2003. Lamaze is one of the most respected organizations world-wide for promoting Safe and Healthy Birth Practices.
- BS Degree in Health Promotion in 2002. I have a passion and love for teaching.
- I have taught hundreds of expecting couples and helped them prepare for this impactful day.
- Mother to 4 Children. I have given birth 4 times. Each birth experience was unique, enhancing my ability to prepare you for a variety of birth situations and individual goals.
- Labor Support Experience – 15 years!
Teaching & Public Speaking Experience
- Keynote Speaker: “The Postpartum Revolution Conference” – September 2019. Thriving with Your Newborn.
- PodCast Guest: “The Birth Circle” – November 2019. Taking the Fear Out of Birth.
- Natural Prepared Childbirth Instructor
- Newborn Care Instructor
- “Mother’s Milk” Instructor
- Infant & Child CPR Instructor
- New Mom Support Group Leader
- Pre-Conception Course Instructor
Instructor Experience took place at 2 local hospitals in Arizona (Mercy Gilbert Medical Center) and Utah (St. Mark’s Hospital) where our family has lived over the years.
Postpartum Doula Experience
CAPPA Certified Postpartum Doula – CAPPA is a worldwide professional organization that trains Labor Doulas, Postpartum Doulas, and Childbirth Educators.
- Newborn Care Instructor – 10+ years teaching experience
- Mother to 4 children
- CPR Certified through The American Heart Association
- CPR and Choking Rescue Instructor
- CAPPA Lactation Educator Trained
- Member of the Davis County Breastfeeding Coalition
- New Mom Support Group Facilitator
- Blooming Moms Postpartum Support Group Facilitator
Extra expertise in helping with siblings, household organization and meal planning/preparation.