What is a Postpartum Doula?
As a Postpartum Doula, my main goal is to support mom, both physically and emotionally in the weeks and months after giving birth. This support will allow her to rest and recover, thus, having more time and energy to care for and enjoy her new baby.
This support looks different for every family. I can be an extra set of hands to take care of the baby so mom and partner can get some much-needed sleep. I can help with household tasks, cook meals, help with laundry or tidying up the home. I can also care for siblings or other small children in the home while mom focuses on baby.
As a Postpartum Doula I am an expert in newborn care and also offer basic breastfeeding support. Click here to learn more about my background, experience and training: About Me
These services are invaluable to helping mom and the entire family adjust to life with this new little one in the home.
Research has found that a Postpartum Doula:
- Helps you bond with your infant & supports you and partner so that you can rest and recover after the birth of your baby.
- Increases breastfeeding success. The number one reason women give up on breastfeeding is from lack of support. I help support and educate my clients to assist you in your choice of infant feeding.
- Reduces the chance of Postpartum Depression, Anxiety and other Postpartum Mood Disorders. I can also provide extra support for you and your family if you are experiencing a mood disorder.
- Increases your confidence in parenting and caring for your newborn. I help ease the transition to parenthood and help the whole family adjust to life with your new baby.
- Supports siblings as they adjust to the new baby. A Postpartum Doula benefits and supports the entire family during this special time.
I charge $30/hour for daytime Postpartum Doula Services with a 4-hour minimum. I charge $35/hour for Overnight Services. Prices can be negotiated, however, based on the length of time you are looking for help. Click here to contact me if you are interested in my Postpartum Doula Services. Contact Me